Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good weather...NOT!

After not riding yesterday, I carefully examined the weather report to today.  Everything was looking good...Partly cloudy, and no rain.  When the weather is good, DRY, I ride my race bike.

This morning I was moving on the slow side of snail speed.  Add to it that I needed to still put some things on the Wilear, and I was way behind schedule.  My goal is to be out the door, pedaling down the road, by 5:30 am.  I was not even close today.

Being a the most intelligent man, in my house, I have learned my lessons (partly) and brought my rain cape...Good thing too.  About 15 feet out of the driveway it started to rain, and I was on my good bike...Ahhhhhhh!  In addition to being on my Wilear, I did not have fenders since I do not ride the Wilear in the rain.

I am officially at the point where I want sun, warmth, and no rain...I need summer to begin, and I need it ASAP!

Even with the rain, I still had a good ride.  I averaged almost 20 mph, and would have been over 20 mph had I not caught a few lights.  I earned my third best time on the Old Soldier's Home hill, and even carried good speed with the parachute that was keeping me dry.

Today's ride home should, cross your fingers, be dry.  If so, I plan on pushing it and possibly doing AP Tubbs Rd climb and the climb back up to my house.  If all goes well, I can move up the strava leader boards for the climbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment