Friday, June 1, 2012

Take a week off!!!

What the heck???  I am not allowed to take a week off.  My brain and body are not wired to take a week off, but that is exactly what I have/am doing.

From a previous post, you know that I caught a nasty case of food poisoning.  Without going into all the crappy (yes that was intentional) details, let us just say it was not an enjoyable experience.  As a result, I knew, and was not so gently told, to take time off.  I told both Bella and the Doc that I could still ride, they both told me negative.  I think Bella even mentioned the D word (D-I-V-O-R-I-C-E) would occur if I even thought of my sweet, sexy, two wheel steed (Wilear Izoard).  In Bella's words, "I will not sit here and watch you kill yourself and then try to clean up the crap (intentional again)!"

So...it has been almost a week since I last rode and my legs feel great.  I have also lost quite a bit of weight due to having food poisoning and my new diet, so I should soon be climbing like a mountain goat.

You are thinking..."wait you said diet."  Yes I did.  It is called the BRAT diet and consists of absolutely no variation, creativity, or even being filling.  While I do like most of the food, I just cannot seem to get full and eating the same stuff 4,000 times a day gets old...FASSSSSTTTTTTT!

B - Bananas (as we cyclists say, it has natures wrapper)
R - Rice
A - Apple Sauce (I now HATE)
T - Toast

How much of each of these can you eat?  Can you do that day after day after day?  Meal after meal after meal?  I am and I cannot wait to eat something BIG, FILLING, GREASY, and is anything other than a BRAT food!

Like I said above, my legs do feel very rested.  This is perfect, as I am about to really increase my miles as summer comes.  I also plan to do lots of climbing and hopefully put the hurt on Scott V and Brent.  Especially Brent "I rode 8,000,000 miles" Nebraska.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment