Monday, May 28, 2012

My weekend

What a crappy weekend for me!!!  Rarely am I a "woe is me" type of guy, but today I am.

The weekend started so good too.  I joined up with the Cyclopaths for a a great ride, on a wonderful Saturday morning.  I then enjoyed some time at WB's and had burger before heading home.  Next on the agenda was time in the driveway with my neighbors, enjoying the sun and chewing the fat...Shortly after is when everything took a drastic turn.

Around 8 pm, my stomach began to feel a tad sour.  I went to bed shorty after, and woke up at 2 am to a very angry stomach.  I began to worry as I was supposed to do a ride with my friend Terry, but wanted to hold off canceling in case I felt better as "go time" approached.  Turns out I never did feel better and did have to cancel.

By 3:30, I was shivering uncontrollably from a fever and making frequent trips to the bathroom.  At about 5 am I was sick to my stomach, still making trips to the bathroom, sporting a hefty fever, and developing a day and a half long head-ache.  At 6 am I came to my senses and  cancelled the ride, which turned out to be the best, and only, decision I could have made.  I spent all Saturday sleeping for short stints, fluctuating between burning hot and freezing cold, making constant trips to the bathroom, fighting my head-ache, and trying to eat (unsuccessfully).

Saturday night I awoke about 6 times and would sprint to the bathroom.  In addition, I awoke two other times, soaked to the bone from my fever breaking.  After about 10 hours of sleep, way more than my normal 6-7 hours, I got up and tried to eat again.  Nothing tasted good, or agreed with my stomach, but I forced bits down.

I think my fever is gone, for good, but my other symptoms are still present and dominating the days activities.  I still feel pretty crappy (pun intended) and just finished a 2 hour nap. I also weighed myself and have lost 6 pounds since Saturday morning.  Not sure where the weight loss came from, but I guess I do not need to get colon cleansing to lose any weight.

Bella being my loving, overly worried wife thinks I should rush to the doctor.  Being a man, and like all men we know everything, I do not believe there is much a doctor can do.  I think I got food poisoning from either the food at lunch or my dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. 

What a wasted and miserable holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment