Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th


To all Star Wars fans, this is a GREAT day.  Today is a day to celebrate Star Wars, and I would like to wish everyone a wonderful May the Fourth be with you.  I also chuckle when I say that...Why?  Because it sounds like I have a lisp, which I can assure you I do not.

Normally mornings take about 20 minutes for me to get ready and leave for work.  That time includes: get out of bed, shower, shave, eat, brush teeth, get dressed and grab anything needed for the day.  Today took an eternity, because I had some very heavy decisions to weigh.

Firstly - What to wear?  I had to make sure I chose the perfect shirt.  The color needed to be perfect...It would absolutely need to complement my hair and bring out my eyes.  The shirt would also have to let everyone know my intentions and my intelligence.  (In case I have never bragged, I so rarely do, I can rival any Troglodytes’ intelligence.)  I have many shirts worthy of today, so the decision was tough.
This is one BA shirt, but not quite the one for today

Another awesome selection, yet not quite the one.
Ohhh Yeah...I'm sexy and I know it!!!

Secondly - I had to practice saying "May the fourth be with you."  Not that anyone could possibly sound like a complete nerd saying it, but I definitely needed my ultra-coolness to shine through.  I finally perfected it after about 15 minutes of practice.



Thirdly - I had to find my music.  What a waste to celebrate the momentous day, without any Star Wars music.  I also wanted to make sure that every person with a pulse, and some without, could hear the perfect music.  I have not used my iPod in years, but knew I had some good stuff on there.  20 minutes of looking and I was able to find the soundtracks for Episodes 1 - 6...How stupendous is that find!?!?!?

Fourthly (yes!!!) - I needed to find my adapter so that I could actually "broadcast" the wonderful sounds through the halls, of my work place, at a decibel level just below that of a poorly wired, barely functional North Korean (almost) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.

As you can see, there were a lot of important aspects to my life today that needed the utmost attention.

Once arriving at work I made sure to remove my jacket...The shirt had to be proudly displayed.  I then expertly hooked my iPod into the speaker (I did such a good job; I think I could easily have a job at RadioShack...Heck, I should be on the bike team as the electronics extraordinaire.).  I then started with the perfect song for all Star Wars movies...Fox Fanfare.  You cannot possibly watch a Star Wars movie without first hearing Fox Fanfare.

Once everything was going, I walked around greeting everyone I saw with "May the fourth be with you."  I received many smiles of delight.  I even received some really quirky looks!  I am sure those looks were the result of the students and teachers being amazed that I knew the significance of the day.

Every time I had a new class I would quiet everyone, clear my throat, make sure I had each student's attention, and then greet them with "May the fourth be with you!"  I was also secretly hoping my nemesis would enter the room just as Darth Vader's death march started playing...Had that happened, I would have easily ended my day, left work, and crawled into bed knowing that my job was complete.  Sadly, I was not so lucky.

I believe today has been a resounding success.  I shared my love of Star Wars, discovered how many people were truly surprised that I knew of/and celebrated the day, and my wife agreed to something that will make me a VERY VERY VERY happy man...How did you guess...We are going to do a Star Wars marathon tonight!

Enjoy your Friday!  If someone has not done so already, let me wish you a wonderful "May the fourth be with you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment