Friday, May 18, 2012

Upcoming plans

With this being my last scheduled race for the season, I need to find additional motivation to continue training hard.  Each summer I like to do at least one "epic" ride.  However, this summer I will try to do three (maybe more!) epic rides.  This is going to be tough to fit in, but I am determined.

Being the SUPER DUPER intelligent guy I am, I have already come up with a catchy name.  The rides will forever more be known as TEARs...The Epic Annual Ride series...So hard you will want to cry.  What do you think???  My thought is that if one epic ride is good, more epics rides must be more gooder!!!

My first epic ride was from Greenwater, Wa out to Sunrise (Mt. Rainier National Park 6400 ft), down from Sunrise and up to Cayuse Pass (elevation 4675 ft), left to Chinook Pass (5430 ft), then down from Chinook and Cayuse to a small forest road climb before heading back to Greenwater.  Check out the link (1st epic ride) or I can give you a quick brief...or you can look at the link and still read my quick brief...or you can just say I am full of hogwash and close your browser window immediately for fear of the initiation of dooms day before Dec. 21, 2012.

100.1 miles
8,026 ft of climbing
5:55 of riding, but 8:13 total time (all climbs are at individuals pace, so there is waiting...also food time)
3898 calories burned...I ate and imbibed well that evening
8 categorized climbs
7/15 at Sunrise...awesome

This will definitely be one of the rides.

I have some other rides in mind, but am not quite sure yet.  If you are local (Wa State) and have ideas, I am definitely open to suggestions to make TEARs amazing and routes for TEARs.   Please post any suggestions in the comments section.

One suggestion I have already received is a T-shirt for the ride.  I already have some ideas, and depending on the number of rides, and riders, in the "series", you get a shirt for completing a certain number of the rides. 

I really hope this takes off, and the more riders the merrier.  I will post dates and times for each ride, and all are welcome to join.

Yours Truly,
RidingwithRod

No comments:

Post a Comment